|January 21, 2012||Posted by Sophia @ Raven Waves under friends, Me|
Thanks for the snow Chicago…not! Okay, who am I kidding? We’re lucky we weren’t pummeled sooner. Plus, I’m extremely lucky to have one of the best bosses in the world because rather than stick around at work yesterday, she told me to get out of there at 3. I missed the terrible rush-hour commute, and was home around 4.
Other highlights of my week:
1. Going out for Greek food with one of my oldest best friends, Kim. She had a Groupon that was about to expire, and she invited me. We caught up, talked about our jobs, and the facts that we’re adults now. Still kinda freaks me out that I’m 23.
2. Watched The Bachelor with my sister, and this episode was way better than last week’s. Finally, Ben is getting to know some of the nicer girls.
3. Spent time with Paul, watching basketball games and having some serious heart-to-hearts about my family problems. I think I might actually take advantage of the program offered at my work, and go talk to someone. I’m a little embarrassed about it, but if it helps me, there’s nothing to be ashamed of, right?
Tonight Paul and I are going to the Bulls game! I’m pretty bummed that Derrick Rose isn’t going to play, but hopefully it’ll still be a good game. And now onto…
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
Wake up around 9, get some exercise in, read both Chicago papers with 1-2 cups of coffee, read for an hour, spend time with Paul and then go out at night with friends!
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
I’m going to go with current TV shows because that’s easiest. Real World/Road Rules Challenge, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones.
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Neither! I’m not a pic person.
4) Why do you blog?
Namely because I love to write, but also because it’s made me more accountable in terms of my healthy lifestyle. I’ve also gotten the opportunity to meet so many like-minded people!
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
Facebook, Gmail, Chicago Tribune, i09, RavenWavesBlog.com
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
Definitely Anthony Kiedis, lead singer of my fave band, RHCP!
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
Greek yogurt, apples, trail mix, cottage cheese, Kashi granola bars.
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
No, sadly. Maybe when I have my own home!
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
My laptop, books, hair-ties.
10) What’s your favorite drink?
Cafe mocha, water and straight-up black coffee.
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Sometimes. It’s all about how difficult the recipe is because I’m not a very good cook.
12) Do you have children?
Nope, and not for a long time!
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
Reading, exercising, laughing.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Definitely outgoing! I love to meet new people, and to be around crowds.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
Internally, I wish I could stop myself from having so much anxiety over little things. Life’s too short!
Externally, I’d give myself 3 inches!
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Currently…Tom Hardy and Mila Kunis!
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
Wrote a speech that someone will deliver at a golf tournament coming up!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Near! I’m still living at home with my immediate family, and my cousins, aunts, uncles, gparents are all in the Chicagoland area.
19) List three of your talents.
I’m a really good interviewee. I’ve never had an interview and not gotten the job/internship!
I read very quickly!
I can make a mean cup of coffee!
20) What is your greatest attribute?
I’d say my loyalty and the fact that I don’t judge others. Once you’re my friend, I’ll do anything I can to help and support you. In terms of judging, the way I think of it is that who am I to judge anyone else? I’m far from perfect, and I have no idea what that person has been through!
Question: Answer one of the above for yourself!